REACHING OUT TO LOCAL CHILDREN
ENCOURAGING HOCKEY FOR ALL, BECAUSE PLAYING HOCKEY….
- PROMOTES POSITIVE PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH
- INVOLVES TEAMWORK, ENCOURAGING LOYALTY AND RESPONSIBILITY
- MAKES NEW FRIENDS, AND PROMOTES A SENSE OF BELONGING AND SELF-WORTH
- TEACHES RESPECT FOR OTHERS
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO?
Spencer Lynx is the Community Outreach Programme launched by Spencer Hockey Club in 2019, to form links between our Club and our Community. Its aim is to deliver hockey coaching to local children who have not had the opportunity to play hockey at or outside school.
Starting last season, we have been supporting hockey coaching sessions in local state schools; schools we have worked with so far include Beatrix Potter, Bonneville, Burntwood, Chestnut Grove, Graveney, Heathbrook, La Retraite, Lark Hall and Rutherford House. Through Spencer Lynx we are now extending this work to offer free Sunday sessions, built around fun and enjoyment, while teaching hockey skills and nurturing general sporting ability. Our ultimate goal is to provide a pathway into the main Hockey Club, providing financial support if needed. We want to inspire the children to play sport throughout childhood and into later life.
Spencer Lynx is funded by our own fund-raising activities. But we need more help, to continue and extend the Lynx Programme.
SO, WE ARE SEEKING SPONSORSHIP OF THE LYNX PROGRAMME
Through this we will be able to provide children with kit and equipment (including sticks, individualised mouthguards, shin pads); buy coaching equipment and first aid supplies; and fund more pitch space and professional coaches, as we reach out to more children. Here are some examples of how sponsors might be able to help:
- Lynx Kit – sponsor’s name and/or logo on kit
- Equipment – funding for/donations of equipment
- Website – sponsor’s name and/or logo on our Spencer Lynx page and/or hyperlinks to your company website
- Social media – regular postings on Spencer Juniors’ Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Advertising banners and/or flags at our ground
- Event sponsorship, eg. our Spencer Lynx state primary school tournament, or our Lynx fund-raising Ball in October
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR SPONSORS?
- Giving something back, increasing physical activity and mental wellbeing of local inner city children
- Raising brand awareness via kit sponsorship and/or sponsorship of fixtures or events
- Advertising opportunities via the Hockey Club website to an audience of over 1000 parents/guardians of our Junior members
- Incentives for our Members and/or Juniors’ parents/guardians to use your business
SPONSOR SPENCER HOCKEY for wider exposure of your business
These are exciting times for Spencer Hockey. Our Men’s 1st team has been promoted to the National Hockey League – a fantastic achievement that brings fresh challenges, as we seek to take the Club to the next level – and our Ladies’ 1st team is hot on their heels. With over 350 members, including university leavers, young and established professionals, and many more, targeting our Senior players and their supporters has never been so attractive.
Lynx is only one of a number of exciting initiatives from the Spencer Hockey Junior Section, as we continue to offer high quality coaching to more and more children, in a fun and nurturing environment. Our Junior teams excelled themselves last season, reaching Regional and National Finals, and we have our first home-grown International. By sponsoring our Juniors you can be part of our success, and reach over 1000 local parents/guardians.
PLEASE GET IN TOUCH
If you would like to sponsor our Lynx programme, or Spencer Hockey and/or Spencer Juniors, please email SpencerLynxHockey@gmail.com. We’d be delighted to talk through a range of options, to see what works for you.
A BIG THANK YOU
See our Spencer Lynx Sponsors page