After a some needed pitch renovation, we are back to our full timetable. Running the usual mixed 7-a-side league, men's 7-a-side league and ladies' 7-a-side league open to members and non-members. Each league will contain 8 teams - so secure your spot early (spots are only confirmed once payment has been received and confirmed).
To enter, download an entry form and return to Myra Sae-Heng at email@example.com.
Payment in full will be required 14 days before start of the league.
General Rules for All Summer Leagues:
- Leagues of 8 teams over 8 weeks will follow a round robin format.
- Games are 25 mins each way. Two games are simultaneously played at 7:30pm, then another two at 8:30pm - ie every team plays each week.
- 3 Points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss.
- Leagues will run in two sessions.
a) Two mixed leagues running on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 11th April – 31st May 2017 (8 weeks).
b) Three leagues running on Mondays (ladies), Tuesdays (mens) and Wednesdays (mixed) from 12th June – 2nd August 2017 (8 weeks).
- Umpires provided.
- Free (small) Jug of beer/shandy for each team each week.
- Cost is £360 per team per 8 week league.
- Venue: Spencer HC, Fieldview, Earlsfield, London, SW18 3HF
Additional Rules for Mixed Leagues:
- 7-a-side no GKs or kicking backs. A minimum of 3 girls on pitch at all times.
- Played on half a hockey pitch, with small Ds.
- No hitting anywhere on the pitch.
- No penalty corners, instead a free hit at the closest point 5 metres outside the D is awarded.
- No penalty flicks. A penalty goal is awarded if a defensive foul in front of goal stops an otherwise certain goal being scored.
- New rules apply.
Additional Rules for Men's and Women's Leagues:
- 7-a-side, fully kitted GKs compulsory.
- Played on half a hockey pitch. Full sized Ds.
- Penalty corners awarded in normal way. 2 players on the defending team must stand in the opposite D.
- New rules apply.