Running the usual mixed 7-a-side league, men's 7-a-side league and ladies' 7-a-side league open to members and non-members. Each league will contain 8 teams - so secure your spot early (spots are only confirmed once payment has been received).
To enter, download an entry form and return to Camilla Muirhead at email@example.com
Payment in full will be required to confirm your team’s spot and no later than 14 days before the league start date.
Mixed 7-a-side (1) Tuesdays
9th April - 28th May 2019 (8 weeks)
Mixed 7-a-side (2) Wednesdays
10th April – 29th May 2019 (8 weeks)
Women 7-a-side (1st – 3rd team standard) Mondays
10th June – 29th July 2019 (8 weeks)
Men 7-a-side (1st – 4th team standard) Tuesdays
11th June – 30th July 2019 (8 weeks)
Mixed 7-a-side (3) Wednesdays
12th June – 31st July 2019 (8 weeks)
General Rules for All Summer Leagues:
1. Leagues of 8 teams over 8 weeks will follow a round robin format.
2. Games are 25 mins each way. Two games are simultaneously played at 7:30pm, then another two at 8:30pm – ie. every team plays each week.
3. 3 Points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss.
4. Umpires provided.
5. Free jug of beer/cider for each team each week.
6. Cost is £380 per team per 8 week league.
7. Venue: Spencer HC, Fieldview, Earlsfield, London, SW18 3HF
Additional Rules for Mixed Leagues:
1. 7-a-side no GKs or kicking backs.
2. A minimum of 3 girls on pitch at all times.
3. Played on half a hockey pitch, with small Ds.
4. No hitting anywhere on the pitch.
5. No penalty corners, instead a free hit at the closest point 5 metres outside the D is awarded.
6. No penalty flicks. A penalty goal is awarded if a defensive foul in front of goal stops an otherwise certain goal being scored.
7. No aerials anywhere on the pitch including lifted balls at goal.
8. New rules apply.
Additional Rules for Men's and Women's Leagues:
1. 7-a-side, fully kitted GKs compulsory.
2. Played on half a hockey pitch. Full sized Ds.
3. Hitting at goal allowed. Hitting out of defence allowed. Hitting anywhere else not allowed.
4. Penalty corners awarded in normal way. 2 players on the defending team must stand in the opposite D.
5. In the unavoidable event there is no goalkeeper, then there are to be no penalty corners and a free hit at the closest point 5 metres outside the D is awarded. The opposite team will still be allowed to hit at goal as teams are required to provide a goalkeeper.
6. New rules apply.